Sunday, June 8, 2008

This is what tokyo felt like to me.



To some people, Tokyo may seem intimidating, some may consider it cool. I will have to disagree with those two points.
To me, it seemed overwhelming at first sight, then it became as normal as any big city like New york, Mexico city, Madrid or Bombay.(Never been to the latter two but I know I'll go to at least one of them), after becoming normal I started noticing certain things like: Everything is so damn expensive, take clothes for instance, they sell a lot a crap for ridiculous amounts of money, stuff that feels cheap to the touch and overall looks bad by itself and, here's where the secret lies.
Japanese people have an awesome sense of style but its all owed to their magnificent knack for combining clothes.
That, and, the fact that they don't seem to give a rat's ass about conventionalism; Is what sets them apart from the rest of the world when it comes to fashion.
Some fashion photos coming your way later.

No comments: