Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Lucas.


Luca, I don't know if this is going to be around for as long as I want but I sure hope so.
4 years ago on a wednesday, mommy (You used to live in her belly, that's right) woke me up at around 3 a.m and said:
"I think it's time" so I started the preparations(that means I started panicking) so we gathered our stuff, got in the car, and drove off to the hospital.
Got there, checked in, they gave us a room and I started waiting for the big bang.
I wanted to pretend control over the situation so I pulled out my book and started reading (I was so in control that I don't even remember what book it was hahah)
Mommy claimed ownership over the remote and started watching Jerry springer or some other bad show.

Time went by and nothing, guess you were too comfortable in the belly and didn't want to come out.
Finally at around 10 a.m you decided it was time and started finding your way out, when that was over the conductor (Thomas reference for the uncool) handed you over to me and the first thing I said was, "It's a Boy!!!".

Today as you turn 4 I want you to know that ever since that day, I can say that you've made me happier than Disneyland 99% of the time; the other 1% I reserve for those moments when I'm not as patient as I would like to be.
I just hope I won't disappoint you.

I know there will be times later on in our lives when you're gonna think I don't get you and that's ok, I am aware of that, I went through the same thing with Chicho and I still like to watch gole matches with him even if it's just to root for the opposite team.

Having said that, all that's left for me to say is:
Happy Birthday super intendent of the Sodor Railway, I love you with all my heart. I'm just sorry I don't have 2 hearts to love you even more.

Daddy.

No comments: